To ensure consistency with the Compassionate Travel guidelines, one of the following documentation will be required to enable your customer to be booked in the appropriate compassionate fare level.
- Funeral Directors letter.
- Letter from attending doctor.
- Death Certificate
- Death Notice from the newspaper
Unexpected Critical Medical Emergency Documentation
- Letter from the attending doctor / hospital
- To enable Air New Zealand to make an informed assessment as to if the situation is covered by this policy the letter should include the diagnosis, date of onset and confirmation that this is an unexpected critical medical situation.
All of the above documentation must clearly show the immediate family relationship with the passenger.
Note: For audit purposes all documentation will be required to be held on file.